I LOVE cardamom and probably say that in every blog where I use it! I just love this aromatic spice where a little goes a long way. Honestly I enjoy cinnamon to but I feel like we need to explore more and use different flavorings, especially in the states. It doesn’t all have to be cinnamon, peanutbutter, nutella, oreo and cherry, just saying!
I like using the cardamom pod thats been dried and I use a mortar and pestle to grind myself as I prefer the flavor but you can also use ground cardamom if you like. I topped mine with some brown sugar but it can be excluded if you’d like.
Also did I mention you only need 1 POT!!!!!!!
INGREDIENTS (makes about 12)
- 75 g unsalted butter (6 tbsp)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt (exclude if you use salted butter)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, dark or light
- 2 tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon if preferred
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium size pot, melt the butter. Once melted turn stove off and pull aside.
- Add the sugar and milk to the butter and stir.
- Add the eggs and whisk for a good minute to incorporate well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt and mix until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Fill your muffin liners about 3/4 of the way.
- top with brown sugar and cardamom or cinnamon and bake about 15 min. A cake tester should come out clean. Baking time always varies depending on oven.
- Take out and let cool on a wire rack. READY TO MUNCH!!!!!!
3 thoughts on “CARDAMOM MUFFINS”
Delectable! I have a question, though. How does the cardamom hold up? Is it too strong in the final cupcake? (I’ve seen cardamom mostly being used in savory dishes of Middle Eastern and South Asian origin.)
Great question as I know alot of people aren’t used to baking with cardamom. ☺️
You can def tell the cardamom is there but it’s not by any means overpowering! I absolutely LOVE cardamom but know to much of this amazing spice wont make it taste its best. Going less might make you go “ I can taste something but I cant put my finger on it”. Give it a go ☺️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much! 😁