These little cookies are such a staple in Sweden, ALL birthday parties or If you go to someones house for FIKA has these. Traditionally they are just topped with pearl sugar (a Swedish thing) but I made these with a coffee glaze and just a sprinkle of coconut and they were a HIT! GONE in 60 seconds are no joke. Im remaking this batch ASAP, and if you haven’t gotten to it yet what the H*ll are you waiting for!!!!! No time to spare lets get to it!!!!!!
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 stick + 2 tbsp butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1/4 cup coffee, cold
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, topping
- Start by pre heating your oven to 400 F and prepare a large baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the syrup and mix until corporate.
- Add the dry ingredients(flour, baking powder, vanilla and cocoa powder) and mix until combined.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll out to 3 equal rolls (see picture) and put on your prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten them slightly with your fingers and bake for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! Will be some what soft when you take them out, I always under bake a bit, these cookies are delicious that way.
- While cookies bake make your glaze. Melt the butter. Once melted add the coffee, vanilla and cocoa. Mix until corporated.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at the time and mix well in between. once it all comes together and looks smooth set a side.
- Take the cookies out and pour your glaze over them in the middle and top with coconut flakes, let cool slightly. Cut diagonally about 1-inch pieces and let cool.
- READY TO DEVOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!