As we all know by now I am a HUGE pumpkin fan like so many others so I had to start early. I made this very basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and added pumpkin pure and pumpkin spice and the came out AMAZING. I brought them to work and everyone went nuts. Ever seen the move GONE IN 60 SECONDS? Thats how my co-workers do it!
This is a soft cookie and they don’t float out much when baking. I usually prefer a slightly chewy cookie but with the pumpkin flavoring this was actually preferred. A soft cookie paired with a pumpkin latte or a cup of tea! Come on now HOW can that EVER go wrong!
LETS GET TO BAKING!!!!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract until combined, then add the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until no raw flour appears, then fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1” balls onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart, and bake until puffed up and golden around edges, about 8-10 minutes Depending on how large they are.
- Take out and let cool on a wire rack.
- READY TO MUNCH!