I’ve actually never made nor had this cookie as far as I can remember so I decided to give it a go.
Its half cookie half meringue! Easy to make and delicious. I flavored mine with pumpkin spice cause lets be honest FALL is here!!! 😍
Crisp cookie with soft meringue how can you not like that! They dont look very fancy BUT dont let looks be deceiving! We all learned never to judge a book by its cover 😂
Lets get to baking!
Makes 20-25 cookies
- 100 g (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (add a little extra if your dough is still sticky)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 egg yolk (save the whites in a separate bowl)
- 1 egg white
- 0,5 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or extract
- Add your butter, sugar, flour, pumkin spice and egg yolk to a bowl and mix it so it come together. Should be soft but not sticky! Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in fridge for about 30 min.
- Add your eggwhite to a bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until a foam forms. Start adding the sugar little by little. And whisk until a hard glossy meringue forms. Add vanilla and pumpkin spice and whisk until combined.
- Add your dough to a floud surface and roll out to a thin rectangle.
- Spread ALMOST all your meringue onto the cookie sheet and roll together, think cinnamon rolls. (You will have a little meringue leftover to top your cookies with)
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest in fridge ehile you preheat the oven to 350 F.
- once oven is heated take your dough roll out the fridge and cut into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices (20-25 pieces).
- Transfer to a sheet pan (2) with parchment paper and top with the rest of your meringue. Bake for 8-10 min. Let cool!
- Ready to munch!!!!