I stumbled across this recipe and decided to give it a go and its honestly one of the best cookies Ive made in the “healthy” category. They have that chew on the inside and the crumble on the outside. It’s made with only 6 ingredients and only one bowl needed so how can you go wrong with that? It takes about 30 min total so if you have that craving but want something healthy and delicious, this is for you!!!!
If you prefer coconut flour you can use that as well. I made a batch with half coconut flour and half almond flour for the simple reason that I ran out of almond flour and it worked out perfectly. You can top your cookies with and almond or some shaved almonds if you want to make them look extra pretty.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled(if needed)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan/paleo semi-sweet chocolate chips(optional, I did not put chocolate in mine)
- 12-14 whole almonds as garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Mix together almond flour, shredded coconut, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir in the oil and maple syrup into the batter and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Using a tablespoon-size measuring spoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared sheet pan. Gently press down to flatten. If preffered, place an almond in the center of each cookie or sprinkle with some shaved almonds.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes(depending on how big you make them) until it is lightly browned on top. let cool on a wire rack. READY to eat!