If you LOVE cheesecake and brownies this is for YOU. These are rich and decadent as I added dark chocolate chunks in it and if works perfect with the tartness from the cream cheese.
I was craving brownies but wanted to make something a little different and I turned to my bestie GOOGLE for ideas and I found this. Gona be honest the swirl part wasn’t easy due to the very different textures of the cheese cake and brownie batter SO it was more of a slight mix and fold the two to make em mix a bit BUT it did turn out just as good and looked cute so I aint mad at all!!!!!
Eating them warm with whipped cream or ice cream is definitely preferred but they are good on their own as well. Simple and delicious. LETS GO!
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese (block not spreadable) softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8×8 pan with baking spray, set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave again for another 15 seconds and then stir well again. Repeat in 15 second intervals until chocolate and butter are completely melted and well-combined.
- Add cocoa powder and stir well.
- Add sugars, stir until completely combined.
- Add eggs and then egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and stir to combine.
- Add flour and stir until completely combined.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the batter and spread the rest of the batter evenly into prepared pan. Prepare your cheesecake topping.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until creamy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Stir until well-combined.
- Pour cheesecake over prepared brownie batter. Take your reserved ¼ cup brownie batter (if it has become stiff just stir it with a spoon) and drop/drizzle over cheesecake.
- Use a knife to swirl brownie batter and cheesecake together.
- Bake on 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few fudgy crumbs.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting and serving.