I literally LOVE christmas baking. The gingerbread cookies, anything saffron, nutmeg and the delicious candies you can make 🥰.
I decided to make these cookies cause they are damn delicious with a cup of coffee. U can dunk em in or just have a bit and a sip. The mix of coffee and cookie is yum! You shouls try. And these are also great as a give a way treat in a cute little container and dare I say it, they are ALMOST fool proof to make! They are a hard cookie so you dont have to worry to much about over-baking them. I was out off all spice so I added some pumpkin spice I had, Improvising at its best. Bottom line is dont freak out if ur miasing something I mean UNLESS its a key ingredient.
If you are a new baker or in the game already you will succeed no matter what!!!! Now LETS GET BAKING!!!!!!!!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsulfured molasses
- 1-2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and brown sugar about 2 minutes on medium-high until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined well. Stir in vanilla extract and unsulfured molasses; combine well.
- Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Once combined add the almonds and mix until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Flour hands and form dough into two slightly flattened logs on prepared baking sheets, each approximately 12-inches long and 2-inches wide. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool on baking sheet 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut into ¾-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on the baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on a rack.
- Store in airtight containers up to 1 week. Biscotti may be kept wrapped in freezer safe plastic wrap and frozen up to a month.