Ive made this delicious cookies before but we all know how much I love saffron so had to add that ofcourse and they turned out so DAMN good!!!!! They are fudgy and chewy with a hint of saffron 😍 like forreal how can you not be inlove!!!!!?
I know saffron isnt for everyone and its not a spice you see alot of in american pastries I mean is there ANY? 😂 and I get it can be overwhelming but a little goes A LONG WAY! You can make them without IF you dont want the saffron.
I added some crushed almond slices and something we call Pärlsocker, its like small sugar pellets. I had my family send them to me and can OFCOURSE be excluded unless you have your hands on some 😊.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 0,5 cup granulated sugar
- 0,5 gram saffron
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cups + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Crushed almond slices
- Turn your oven on and heat til 350F Whisk the butter and sugar together with a handheld mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Once light and fluffy. Add the saffron, vanilla and syrup and mix well.
- Add the baking powder and flour and mix carefully so the flour dont go EVERYWHERE, mix until incorporate.
- Put your dough On a floured surface and divide into 2 equal parts. And roll out with some flour and add on to a ovensheet with parchment paper. Do the same with the other part.
- Lightly flatten down with 2 fingers and add your crushed almonds. Bake in oven for about 15-18 min until edges are lightly golden brown. DO NOT over bake.
- Take out and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Cut diagonally as thick or thin as you like and let cool completely.