This recipe is simple and one of the best things I know. YES underbaking is a thing for this cake. Its supposed to be moist and a little runny on the inside. Let it sit for a day and itll be even better the next.
You most likely have all the ingredients in your cabinet already so if you need a last minute dessert this is the way to go. It bakes fast too. And just served with whipped cream and berries and/or ice cream. You can not go wrong! You can make on big cake or like I did muffin size! Minis work as well.
Add chocolate chips of any sort. Some chopped nuts or maybe coconut if you want otger flavorings. Peanutbutter swirl or nutella 😍 ( makes 10-12)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (i used dark brown sugar but granulated or light brown works just as good)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, good quality
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 0,5 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners or butter and flour a spring form and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool a bit.
- Whisk together eggs, your choice of sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour and mix until combined.
- Lastly add the melted butter and mix until just combined. (Add you flavorings now if using) i put a small teaspoon of nutella in the center of half of them!
- Divide evenly in muffin tins or cake pan and bake in oven for muffins (8-10min) cake (15-20).
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream and berries or ice cream!