Gona be honest one way didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to but the other one did. U gota try and fail sometimes. And honestly it wasnt BAD just not the way I wanted it to.
I did a basic wheat dough for cinnamon buns. And I just divided in two. I tried to make a spin on a swedish “Desiree bulle” which is a vanilla cream filled bun rolled in cinnamon sugar, dough was a little to dense for that type of bun BUT it was a tasty creamfilled bun so thats what im calling it 😊. And the other half I did a classic cinnamon roll that turned out fantastic.
- 2,5 cups whole milk
- 1 pkg instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp crushed cardamom
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 0,5 cup granulated sugar
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1-2 cups sugar (brown or granulated sugar works)
- cinnamon, to taste
- 2-3 cups whipping cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Whip the cream and add sugar and vanilla and whisk until firm. Add to a piping bag with a round tip.
- Heat milk to 118-120 F.
- Pour into a bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
- Add sugar and yeast and stir until disolved.
- Add cardamom, egg and salt. And stir until combined.
- Add flour one cup at a time. Save some for rolling.
- Kneed for 5-7 minutes. Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size. About 1 hour.
- Take out of bowl onto a floured surface. And divide in 2 if you are doing the vanilla filling.
- Make one half into small balls about 2 inch. Makes about 18 balls.(see pic) But on baking sheet with parchment paperlet rise until double in size.
- Roll the other half out super thin. Add your butter, sugar and cinnamon evenly and roll together. And cut into 1,5 inch rolls. Add to muffinliners and let rise until double in size.
- Turn oven on to 400 F. Brush your buns with eggwash befor baking. About 8-10 min. Let cool.
- Once cool att vanilla filling to your buns. Brush outside with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar if desired.