As you know we went apple picking and I had a hard time deciding what to make!
I mean we know I love pumpkin so I combined the two. Pumpkin cake with apples and it turned out amazing. Super moist and fluffy and delicious. I ate it with pumpkin ice cream. Simple and delicious. Just make sure you slice the apples thin and try not to overlap them too much. It looks professional and like you put tons of effort in to make it look good 😂😍
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp plus 1/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 tbsp plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; spread mixture into a 9-in pie plate. Arrange apples in a single layer over butter mixture.
- Cream remaining butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice and remaining cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk or yoghurt (my choice) beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter evenly over apples. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pie plate with a knife. Cool 10 minutes before putting onto a plate. Serve warm and with ice cream. 😍