So before you even continue reading this let me just tell you these cookies are SWEET so if thats ok with you keep reading! 😂
This is a classic swedish cookie almost toffee like super simple and makes a lot so if you have a get together this is definitely the way to go. In Sweden they are usually filled with a dark chocolate cream but I wanted to try something different and who doesnt like Nutella!!!. Delicious but SWEET! Lol. Perfect with a strong cup of coffee tho. you dont have to fill these either can simply eat them just as is! They are rustic and simple. No fancy machines or tools needed.
- 1,5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 stick melted butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nutella
- Combine all the ingredients for the cookies in one bowl and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Use a teaspoon to get your cookies in the right size and add them to a baking pan with parchment paper. They float out so leave plenty of room inbetween cookies.
- Bake at 350F for about 8-10 min or until edges start getting golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk for 2 min with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add a thin layer to one cookie and put another one on top so its like a sandwhich and you are DONE! 😍 super simple and delicious.