I LOVE PUMPKIN! If its not in my coffee its in my baked goods, desserts or candles. Literally can NOT get enough.
I got inspired to do these cupcakes by a post I saw online. I love carrot cake and why not put pumpkin in it?! Can NOT go wrong. I decided to make them a little Halloween inspired but you sont have to. You can make any colored frosting or just leave it white and regular muffin liners all up to you where you want to take you creativity. Its a super simple recipe just ONE bowl needed you cant go wrong with that!
These cupcakes are fluffy, moist and delicious! And my butter cream cheese frosting NEVER fails.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola, vegetable, butter or coconut oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1,5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced nuts (optional)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Orange food coloring (optional) I used orange gel coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F. And line a mini cup cake pan with liners (24) and a big muffin pan with 7 muffin liners. Unless you do only small ones or only big ones. I only have one small pan hence the 7 larger ones 😂. Probably makes 36 mini or 12-16 large.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, granulated sugar, oil, pumpkin, brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and spices; beat well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet mixture; stir until just combined. Batter will be on the thicker side but dont over mix!!!!!!!
- Add in the carrots, raisins, and nuts(if using); gently fold together until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin liners ,3/4 of the way. Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini and 14-16 for larger ones, or until the top is golden brown and set, and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Transer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely. In the mean time make your frosting!
- Once cool frost your cupcakes as desired! DONE!
- Whisk butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and confectioners, 1 cup at a time and incorporated well in between additions.
- Add food coloring (desired amount for desired color) and whisk for about 2 min on medium to high.
- Add to piping bag with desired cake tip and pipe onto your cupcakes as desired.