I know im swedish guys but some good fluffy delicious american pancakes you cant go wrong with for breakfast! Its delicious, tasty and you can do so many different flavor combinations if you want something more than the original! You can add any flavoring you like!!!! Chocolate, coconut, pumpkin, cinnamon, fruit and berries, walnuts literally WHAT EVER you like. Its such a simple recipe so why not play with it?.!
I like my pancakes a little crispy on the outside, just around the edges and do you know what the secret is? Butter AND oil in the pan. Doing this gives it a better flavor and gives it those crisp edges you are looking for. Also cook your pancakes on medium high heat to prevent from burning and not cooking all the way through!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (unbleached preferably) sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Milk (if needed)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp unsaltes butter, melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Canola Oil & unsalted butter for cooking
- Flavoring (if using)
- Whipped cream, cinnamon-sugar, fruit, syrup for topping or what ever you like!!!
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Make a hole in the middle of your flour mixture and add in the egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Be careful not to use hot, melted butter, as that may end up cooking your eggs!
- Whisk it all together quickly and until JUST combined. The batter should be thick and a little lumpy. If it is too thick to work with, add in your extra milk. Set the batter aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook on low-medium high heat in a cast iron pan or a nonstick pan with you oil and butter. Use 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface forms bubbles (see picture) Flip and cook for another 2-3 min. If you need to lower or increase heat you can do so.
- Ready to munch!