These little suckers(key limes) are so sour and take forever to fresh squeeze but oh so worth it to do it all from scratch. Sure you can buy freshly squeezed keylime juice or use regular limes but why not do the work and do it right!?
This recipe is simple, straight forward and delicious. Sweet, tart, crunchy, velvety smooth and just perfect. Take almost no time to whip together before its in the oven! I will also try and make a no bake keylime pie soon cause this heat is killing me.
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 full sheet graham crackers)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 ounce can full-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners and a second 12-count muffin pan with only 4 (since this recipe makes only around 16). Set pans aside.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar together in a medium sized bowl. Mixture will be coarse almost like a sandy texture.
- Divide the graham cracker mixture evenly into your prepared muffin liners. Make sure u press down good to make it super compact using your fingers or a spoon if thats easier for you. Pre-bake the crusts for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. On medium-high speed, beat in the egg yolks, scraping down the sides as needed. On high speed, beat in the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until combined.
- Divide the filling evenly into each crust. Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the centers of the pies only slightly jiggle. Let the pies cool at room temperature in the pan. Once completely cool, place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve with whipped cream!!!!