If you know anything about swedish people you would know we LOVE #bread. Can not live without those wonderful delicious carbs! Bread in america kind of sucks unless you go to a bakery. There is so much crap added to it that your bread will last for months without going bad and why on earth would I want to out that in my body?
So I tried this super simple bread with only 4 ingredients. You leave it for 12-18 hours and then bake it in the morning. Simple and delicious! I am going to be honest and say that I under baked my bread a bit BUT it still came out delicious.
You can add some hearbs or different spices to your bread if you want a flavored bread. Like always HAVE FUN with it. Worst thing is it dont come out come out good and you just have to start over NO BIG DEAL! 😊
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110°F)
- Mix flour, salt and yeast together in a large bowl. Add in other spices and herbs if you are using!
- Add in the warm water and mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and leave 12-18 hours in room temperature.
- Once dough has rested over night(it will be loose) transfer the dough to a floured surface and sprinkle it with flour and start folding the edges into the middle until dough holds a shape and isnt sticky. DONT over work it, you still want the air bubbles.
- Transfer dough to a prepared bakingsheet with parchement and let it rest while you heat your oven to 425F.
- Once oven is hot bake your bread for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap on it.
- Take out and let rest. Slice and eat with desired toppings!