If your anything like me you are going to ask “why the h*** leave the alcohol out?” And the answer is “i dont know”. I mean you can absolutely do this with your favorite alcohol, just add it to the coffee and off you go. Baileys, kahlua, grand marnier, or really anything you would like that goes well woth the flavor.
I choose to just add some(read alot) of almond essence to my coffee. And added vanilla to my cream filling. I am sometimes also a horrible planner. I was going to make this and thought I had mascarpone cheese, and dont get me wrong I did but as I opened the box it was green (mold EVERYWHERE) so I said lets throw this crap away and I was gona give up. I was annoyed and upset. 😂 so I decided to try it with cream cheese and it worked out good. Just gets a little thicker and more cheesecakey like filling but def a good substitute. I am more likely to have cream cheese in my fridge than mascarpone so for a last minute thing this def works. When I made the filling I made double batch cause I made smaller dishes and I also like extra filling so I would recommend double it up!
Alcohol free for those who choose not to drink and a perfect #nobake summer dessert! I made them in smaller dishes and perfect to take to go for a picnic but you can also do it in a 8×8 square pan. I love no bake dessert in the summer!
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese or mascarpone, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups cold espresso
- 3 tbsp of your favorite liqour(if using, see suggestions above) or 2 tbsp almond essence (can also do coconut, orange or maple)
- 1-2 packs ladyfingers
- Dark chocolate, grated (cocoa as an alternative) for the top
- In a medium bowl with a whisk attachment add your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and whisk until creamy and a little fluffy, scrapes sides as needed.
- Add your whipped cream to the cream cheesemixture little by little while whisking until corporated. Set aside.
- Add your liqour or essence to your cold espresso coffee and give it a stir.
- dip your lady fingers one by one in the coffee and line in your prepared dish/dishes(give them a quick dunk on both sides DO NOT soak).
- Once you have a layer of lady fingers down spread half of your cream cheese filling on top and redo step 4 and line on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Add the remaining cream cheese filling on top of the lady fingers. Dust with cocoa powder or grated dark chocolate cover and lets rest in fridge for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!!!