I absolutely LOVE rhubarb but since moving to the states I have not used it much. Its harder to find and usually expensive in store. But fortunately a friend of mine has an overflow of these amazing tart delicious fruit. So he gave me a bunch. And Like my EVERYDAY problem I could not decide what to make! I have the same problem everyday juat usually about what I should eat 😂. So I google to get inspiration and eventually I said f**k I am going to make something simple and delicious! So I made this cake which is kind of a spin of a swedish classic called “kladdkaka” almost like a fudgecake. And let me tell you it came out AMAZING!!!! So delicious and fudgy with a little tartness from the rhubarbs. Only thing is that I would put more rhubarb on top for extra tartness as the cake is fairly sweet!! And maybe mix in some strawberries or raspberries cause Why the hell not?!
Did I mention this is a ONE POT ONLY recipe!!!! Winning!!!!!!!!
- 100 g (4oz) white chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rhubarb, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Using a springform, put parchment paper on the bottom the spray the paper and sides with non stick spray or butter.
- Chop the white chocolate fine.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Once melted remove from heat, add the white chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Add the sugar and whisk it together with the butter and chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time whisking well inbetween additions. Add vanilla.
- Lastly add the flour and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared springform and top with yoy sliced rhubarbs and put in the oven for 15-20 min. Cake should be fudgy so do NOT overbake.
- Serve as is or with some whipped cream!