Sooooooo let me start by telling you that these damn cookies are f***ing AMAZEBALLS! I mean heaven on earth and I don’t even care for berries in baked goods!! I ate 3 back to back to back and I didnt even feel bad about myself. I couldve waten them all. ONLY thing is that this recipe only makes 12 cookies so you should DEFINITELY make a double batch cause when I tell you these cookies will disappear in SECONDS.
Never made anything like this before but I have decided that what ever pops up in my head I will give a try and I am NOT unhappy about this one. Just remember to make DOUBLE batch next time.
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir strawberries, lemon juice and sugar until combined. Let sit 10 minutes, then drain.
- Cookiedough – in a medium bowl add your butter and sugars and mix on high until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and mix until corporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined. Add in strawberries and fold in gently, dough will be a little wet. Set aside.
- Filling – in a small bowl mix the cream cheese, powderedsugar, vanilla and lemon zest with a handheld electric mixer until combined. Scoop into 12 small balls, I used a heaped tsp, put on waxpaper on a plate and put in the freezer for easier handling.(see picture)
- Put oven on 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon , scoop heaping tablespoons of dough (24 balls) and flatten into circles on the baking sheet. Place the cold cream cheese filling on top of 12 pieces of dough. Place remaining dough on top of filling and pinch edges together. Roll gently into balls. (See picture)
- Put the cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are a little golden.
- ENJOY!!!!! 😍😍😍😍