Anyways back on track here, I had to to something with these damn bananas but didnt want to do the regular BORING banana bread that I literally do EVERY TIME! So I thought of coffee cake! Gives it a little more life and texture. And I got to say this banana bread is by FAR the BEST bread Ive ever made. Im not gona lie I improvised a little bit on the flavoring. I dont messure my spices cause I LOVE ALOT of flavor. And I always add some nutmeg and ground ginger to give it more depth. But I will try and make it as accurate for you guys as possible.
I honestly love banana bread HOWEVER it definitely gets boring. Just a soft spongecake sometimes with walnuts sometimes not. Sure you can add chocolate or other fruits to it but is it then really banana bread? I literally ALWAYS have overripe bananas at home cause everytime I go to the store I always buy some damn bananas! Maybe I have an addiction!? 🤔 Maybe banana addiction is a thing!!!! Im doomed for life!
Like I literally always say, think OUTSIDE THE BOX. Add flavorings of your choice. Add different nuts add more fruit. And some extract. Sprinkles, chocolate, coconut (omg yum, just gave myself an idea, Thanks Becks!), dried fruit. Seriously once you have the recipe down add what ever the hell you desire and go with it. If it goes to shits WHO CARES start over! Aint no biggie!
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 8×4 pans.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
- To the butter mixture, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until just combined. Add in sour cream and stir.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
- Add walnuts and mix until just combined. Divide batter evenly into your prepared pans and set aside.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger, flour, and brown sugar. Cut butter into small pieces and mix until the topping looks like coarse crumbs( I used my fingers)Sprinkle coating evenly over the batter in both pans.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick or knife comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy!