I just gota say that its SUPER hard for me to stay away from sugar. I love candy, baked goods, cake you name it. SO i always need something on hand that I can just grab and satisfy my needs! Usually these bites get all dry and crumbly but I think I FINALLY figured out how to make then more cake like and not so dry. This healthy lifestyle is hard AF BUT so worth it. My body feels so much better and working out 30-40 min everyday is amazing not only for your body BUT also for your mental health and of course P is always joining in on the workout! If you want to add protein powder to it you can! Just use less oats or add more water! I love these cause you can play around with it as desired. Use different nut butters or add protein and different flavors! Have fun with it! Make it yours!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp whole flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup natural peanutbutter, or what ever nutbutter you desire
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 3 squares dark chocolate, chopped
- In a blender or food processor combine your oats, coconut, chia seeds and flaxseeds and blend until it resembles a coarse flour consistency. If you want more texture just pulse a couple of times until desired consistency. Once blended transfer to a small bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients into the oat mixture. Peanutbutter, honey, maple syrup, flavoring if desired and 2 tbsp of water. Mix well and see if you need more water. Should be a little wet but not sticky. Yoh should be able to form small balls out of it.
- Once right consistency is acchived at your chopped chocolate and mix well. Put in fridge for 30 min.
- Take out of fridge. If it seems dry you can add a little more water. If its to wet add more oats. The oats soaks up alot of the water so you might need more or less depending on what oats you use.
- Form small bite size balls and keep in an airtight container in fridge. Ready to munch!