This whole Corona disaster has us all twisted and I told myself I gota just stop eating like shit all the damn time. So I decided to to a 30-day homeworkout challenge and ofcourse with that comes easting helathy. So I ALSO decided to start doing some intermitten fasting, cause why the hell not? Might aswell go all in. So while im sitting here not being able to wat P is right next to me having popcorn watching a movie, like why the hell do I do this to myself I think, and my answer is why not? I wana be healthy and see where my body can take me. How working out intense will make me feel and how this intermitten fasting will make my body feel. Lets me HONEST, we all over indulge almost on an everyday basis because we can. And junk food and unhealthy snacks in America is cheap and a go to for a lot of people.
So I went to the grocery store and I invested in myself and P. Yes the things I bought cost a little more than usual but honestly why not spend the extra dollars to feel better, have more energy and set an example for yourself and people around you. Im not gona lie being healthy for me is NOT easy since I love sweets, candy, baked goods, I love bread and butter, ICE CREAM 😭. I am definitely in for a challenge BUT it doesnt mean I can never eat this ever. Ill cheat once a week and the things I wana eat that day are gona taste SO much better then if I eat them everyday. Its like we do with children we tell them they have to earn a treat or let them eat candy or ice cream or chips once a week so why not treat ourselves the same way? If it was good for you we wouldnt limit if for our children, right?
So a couple of healthy snack ideas are mixed roasted nuts with your own spice blend, yes nuts are a little pricy BUT you wont eat too mich and they last for a long time, they have healthy fats and if you make the spice blend yourself you know there is no bullshit in them. you should ALWAYS look on the ingredients list before you buy anything “healthy” because most times they arent as good for you as you think and most things you can honestly do by yourself. And itll be cheaper at the end of the day anyways.
I also made roasted chickpeas with a cumin and curry type of spice mix. SUPER CHEAP and good for you and P ate them like it was cereal. She loved them. And you can again put what ever spices you like, no limits but your own mind!
Try something new because why the hell not? And if you have kids or siblings or uour parents let them try what you make. You will be surprised how people will like these new, good for you snacks you made.
BE THE BEST YOU YOU CAN BE! THE ONLY THING STOPPING YOU IS YOURSELF!!!!! 😘😍
For these roasted nuts I used
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1 cup walnuts, raw
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, raw
- 1 cup almonds, raw
- 1,5 cups dryroasted peanuts
- 1-2 tsp oil (olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil is preferred)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp blackpepper
- 1/2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Put oven on 350F.
- Put all your nuts on a big sheet pan in a single layer, EXCEPT the peanuts. Roast in oven for 10-15 min, stirring frequently until they just start to get slightly golden brown. Make sure you keep and eye on them cause it goes fast.
- Take out of oven and now add your peanuts and mix.
- Add your oil to the nuts and mix so they are all coated.
- Mix your spiceblend in a small bowl. Add your spice blend to the nuts and toss it all so they get a good coat. Let cool on pan. Ready to eat!
- 1 8 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil (olive oil, coconut oil or avocado oil is preferred)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well and let dry for about an hour in room temperature or wipe them off good if you dont wana wait.
- Set oven on 400F and place dried chickpeas evenly on a sheet pan.
- Roast in oven for about 30-45 min depending on your oven. Shake pan so they dont burn every 10 min.
- Roast until they are golden brown and crunchy all the way through.
- Make your spiceblend.
- Toss chickpeas in your oil giving them a even coat, then add your spice blend and toss. Let cool on pan! Ready to eat!
Use the spices you like for the nuts and the chickpeas. Add more or use less. Its all a preference of flavor and just play with it. I ALWAYS improvise so these recipes are just a start then you go ahead and do what ever you want. You got this!!!!