Imagine how your house smells when you make an apple pie or a vrumble. All these comforting smells of cinnamon, apple and caramelized sugar. Brings me back to my childhood and how could I NOT do this for my little one. She as always is my little helper. Mixing, measuring and making a hot mess, but who cares! She loved how it smelled how messy it was ofcourse and just the mixing part was a fave. and once I told her we eat this with Ice cream she had a mountain of Ice cream and 2 bites of crumble but HEY it was fun just making it and saved more for me 😍
I have always prefered an apple crumple over and apple pie. You get all the bits and pieces of that crunchy crumble together with the soft cinnamon apples. I always make some extra crumble cause there can never be enough 😍. In Sweden we eat our crumble or apple pie with a vanilla custard but this time around I went with vanilla ice cream, I love to let it melt a little bit before I dig in 😍
- 6-8 apples depending on size, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar or granulated sugar depending on preference
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in smaller pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter an 8×8 baking dish or spray with cooking spray
- mix your sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, stir well and transfer to your prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together all your ingredients for the crumble. use your hands to mix it all together until it resembles a crumble.
- Spread the crumble evenly over the apples and bake in middle of the oven 40-50 min or until golden brown and apples are soft.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!!!