Soooooo one of the many things when You come from a different country, especially a european country and walk into a grocery store in America your jaw literally drops of all the pre-made, processed, shelf-life-for-months kinda food EVERYWHERE! I am still to this day not used to seeing premade PROCESSED cookie dough, biscuit dough, bread that lasts for a month. Milk that lasts for 3 weeks baby food with a shelf life of 6 months like WHY in the world would u ever put that in your child or yourself!!? When its so much better and cheaper to do it yourself. When Phoebe was a baby I made all her food from scratch cause I wanted to make sure she ate healthy and balanced and didnt put any unnecessary things in her body. And let alone SAVE money!
ANYWAYS rant over 😂. So I made home made biscuits for easter because its simple and you have EVERYTHING already at home. Same with cookies, you have everything at home so why not just make it? You save money AND you know there is NOTHING processed in them.
By all means I dont eat clean and healthy all the time but somethings are just so unnecessary to add to your body cause you dont have to, its just about being lazy and taking the easy way out! But these biscuits are SO simple and SO fast to make so there really isnt any excuse to be made 😊. Try it out!!!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tbs granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbs cold butter, put in freezer 15 min before use
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Take butter out of freezer and cut or grate into small pieces (i used a box grater), add to flour mixture and combine with your fingers until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and mix until just combined. Once combined move dough to a floured surface and work until everything is coming together smooth. DO NOT over work. You want to see small pieces of butter still.
- Flatten dough as much as you can and fold in half. Flatten out again and repeat 3-4 times. This creates the flakiness of the dough.
- Flatten out with your hands to about 1 inch thick and cut with your biscuit cutter or as in my case cookie cutter it will be about 6-9 biscuits depending on the size of tou cutter.
- place on parchment paper and bake in oven for 10-12 min until the edges start to get golden brown.
- Take out and let cool. I eat mine with lots of butter and a small piece of cheese. Enjoy!!! 😍