Ugh, what a turbulent couple of weeks we have had in the world. With the Corona virus literally shutting down everything, people are loosing their jobs and the world is just at hold I feel like we need to try and find some positivity in the negative and stressful times. Its hard but I am just trying to focus on my daugther, my blog, staying healthy, laughing and making the best of the situation that we can not control.
I made banana bread the other day and it came out so good. Super moist and just the perfect amount of sweet. I love banana bread and its sooooo easy to make. I used dark brown sugar cause I like the flavor of it more. But you can also use light brown sugar or granulated sugar. If i have super ripe bananas and I dont have time to make banana bread I peel them cut them up and freeze them in a bag. Then I use them for smoothies, NEVER let a banana go to waste :-)!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tap baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Butter a loaf pan. (9x5x3)
- Cream the sugar and the butter together in a handstanding mixer or and electricmixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well between every addition. Add pumpkin spice, salt & milk, mix well.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl. Leave some chunks in there. Dont have to be banana sauce.
- Mix flour, baking soda and baking flour in a bowl.
- Add bananas into the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Add walnuts or chocolate chips if youd like!
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out and let cool on a rack. READY TO EAT!